This Christmas you could book in to stay in one of our luxury Lighthouse View properties or one of our Surf or Beach Cottages for the duration.
And if you’re booking to stay with us, here’s our handy guide to having a stress-free Christmas lunch on the day. Our kitchens have all the crockery and kitchen utensils you’ll need too:
- Make a list, then another and another, and check it twice! You can never have enough lists and there is nothing worse than missing something vital when everything else is perfect.
- Prepare as much as you can the day before.
- As far as possible go for pre-prepared items as convenience is always good especially when you want to remain as calm as possible and to spend some time with your friends and family.
- Delegate – you can’t do it all on your own and even if you just give a few of the easier jobs out it will help spread the load.
- Plan ahead and work out if your turkey will fit in your oven before you buy it.
- Make sure you have an oven thermometer to help with the cooking of the turkey.
- Check the weight of your turkey to work out how long it will need in the oven.
- Don’t try a new dish without practicing it first.
- If your turkey is frozen make sure it is thoroughly defrosted before cooking it and leave enough time for it to thaw out.
- Keep a clear head and a clean kitchen – the more confusion and mess the more likely things will go wrong. Tidy up after yourself.
- After you’ve eaten get out into the fresh air for a leisurely stroll, we’re just a few minutes’ walk from the Blue Flag Westward Ho! Beach.