If you’re staying with us this Christmas and across the yuletide period, we’ve popped together our guide to having a, hopefully, stress-free Christmas lunch.
All our properties are self-catering, so you can get the turkey basted and dish up the sprouts to your heart’s content!
But before the big day, here’s a few of our team’s tips and handy hints to ensure everything goes smoothly:
- Make a list, then another and another – you can never have enough lists and there is nothing worse than missing something vital when everything else is perfect.
- Prepare as much as you can the day before and ensure you have all the equipment you need.
- As far as possible go for pre-prepared items as convenience is always good especially when you want to remain as calm as possible and to spend some time with your friends and family.
- Delegate – you can’t do it all on your own and even if you just give a few of the easier jobs out it will help spread the load.
- Plan ahead and work out if your turkey will fit in your oven before you buy it.
- Make sure you have an oven thermometer to help with the cooking of the turkey.
- Check the weight of your turkey to work out how long it will need in the oven.
- Don’t try a new dish without practicing it first.
- If your turkey is frozen make sure it is thoroughly defrosted before cooking it and leave enough time for it to thaw out.
- Keep a clear head and a clean kitchen – the more confusion and mess the more likely things will go wrong. Tidy up after yourself.