Terms and Conditions
We hope you enjoy your holiday at Golden Bay Holiday Village. Please tell us if you have any problems with your property and we will attend to them as quickly as possible.
RECEPTION Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm
Saturday – 9am to 5pm (summer only)
Sunday – Closed
There is a phone service outside these times.
CAR PARKING We have plenty of non allocated car parking on site.
LAUNDERETTE There is a launderette on site adjoining Reception. Opening hours are displayed on the door.
INFORMATION Brochures etc. are available in Reception.
BUS SERVICE Buses connect to all parts of North Devon. National Express coaches stop 100 yds. from site.
RAILWAY Nearest station is Barnstaple, 12 miles away.
DOCTOR Northam Health Centre, Bay View Road. Tel 01237 474994. Details in Reception.
MAIL Any mail will be held in Reception.
Conditions of Booking
- Golden Bay Holiday Village Limited, hereinafter called “the Agency”, act only as agents for the owners of the accommodation (“the Owner”). In all circumstances the Contract of Letting is between the guest (“the Guest”) and/ or his/ her invitees (jointly known as “the Holidaymakers”) and the Owner.
- This agreement is made on the basis that the property is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
- Bookings cannot be accepted for persons under 18 years of age unless special arrangements are made by the Agency with the Owner. (Safety deposits may be required).
- A deposit of 25% of the cost of the holiday (“Deposit”) must accompany the booking request. The deposit is non-refundable unless the Agency is unable to accept the booking.
- We recommend that Holiday Travel Insurance Damage Protection and Cancellation Insurance be taken out when making a booking.
- No bookings are valid until confirmed by the Agency in writing.
- Once a booking is confirmed by the Agency, the Guest is responsible for the full balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid not later than 58 days before the booking is due to commence.
- The Agency reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above the non-refundable Deposit will be refunded. However, if the Agency is unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday and the Deposit.
- In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as fire or flooding), the Agency will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
- In the event of cancellations not covered by insurance, the Agency will endeavour to re-let the accommodation, and if successful the balance of the cost will not be due as in paragraph 7 above, or if already paid, will be refunded. Any request to cancel must be put in writing to the agency in the first instance. The deposit will be retained.
- At certain times of the year Guests will be eligible to secure their next holiday for a deposit which is less than as set out in clause 4. We will give you details of any applicable terms before, or when you make your booking.
- Pets are not permitted on any part of the site. Guests found to have pets in the property or ‘visiting’ either any part of the site or property could result in the Guests being asked to leave without any compensation. There is no guarantee that a guide dog may not have entered the property at any time.
- The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The Holidaymaker must report and pay to the Agency the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. The Agency reserve the right to make a reasonable charge where guests have been smoking in a Property.
- The Holidaymakers right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:-
- More people than declared at the time of booking or the number the Property holds, attempt to take up occupation.
- Overnight guests are entertained without the Agencies express permission.
- Any activity is undertaken which is illegal or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
- Smoking in the Property.
- All prices quoted include Vat where applicable at the current rate.
- In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a Property, the matter shall be taken up with the Agency at once. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, when the Holidaymakers have denied the Agency the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday. Please use the reception number for any complaints, out of hours there is an answer phone service which is checked on a regular basis.
- The Agency shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- We have compiled the information in our Brochure and on our website www.goldenbayholidays.co.uk (“the Website”) as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, as properties are individually owned, all interiors are individual including decorations, furniture and fixtures. The holidaymakers accept that the photographs used on the website are an example of the property type and that there will be differences to the actual property. We cannot accept responsibility should the property not conform to the Holidaymaker’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
- The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings.
- These Website Booking Conditions supersede all previous editions.